Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Make-up Brush Cleaner Review

 Hi! I have been wanting to purchase a make-up brush cleaner and finally, I got one! :) I was really excited to try it that I used it on my brushes right away.





I got mine in Crossings Department Store, Trinoma. I must say it is affordable. Price is good enough for me. It's 30ml if I'm not mistaken. (First time ko gumawa na review. Hehe!) It says on the packaging that it is oil free, fast drying, moisturizing and contains antibacterial tea tree extracts. (Sounds cool to me.)

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone
Tea tree oil
Triclosan
Fragrance
Phenoxyethanol

Ang kilala ko lang sa lahat ng ingredients ay yung tea tree oil which is actually good for oily skin but what the heck? What good does it do to my brushes? So my research begun.


Cyclomethicone is a clear, odorless, silicone-based oil that is incredibly useful and versatile in a number of bath & body recipes. It is also widely used in hair treatments and was concluded that it is safe as a cosmetic ingredient in present practices of use. (That's good, right?)

Tea tree oil has been used traditionally as a topical antiseptic and antifungal treatment. But tea tree oil is only a topical treatment it should never be taken by mouth. Even in small amounts, swallowing tea tree oil could potentially cause severe reactions, including severe rash, nausea, confusion, and coma. (Scary!! But this ingredient kills the bacteria.) 

Triclosan is an ingredient added to many consumer products to reduce or prevent bacterial contamination. Triclosan is not currently known to be hazardous to humans. 


Phenoxyethanol is a common cosmetic preservative that is considered one of the less irritating ones to use in formulations. It does not release formaldehyde and is approved for worldwide use in all types of water-based cosmetics. This is called a fixative in the industry and allows the final product to keep its fragrance longer. (Anu daw?! Just kidding.)

I hope that was helpful. I just got curious about the ingredients. Anyway, enough of that boring topic let's check if it will deliver. These are my dirty brushes!!



How to use:
Spray the brush cleaner directly on your brushes and thoroughly wipe on a tissue or towel until it dries.



BEFORE




AFTER

























BEFORE













AFTER

















BEFORE

AFTER




























BEFORE

AFTER

I must say, "Good job!" It did clean my small brushes. However, I decided to opt out with my big brushes because it needs deep cleaning already. I suggest that you use towel instead of tissue when using this product . Because the fiber of towels will help you thoroughly clean your brush. I noticed that it gives life to my brushes. It has this moisturizing effect and sweet scent to it as well.:) That's it!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, though I'm not a makeup geek, for now maybe haha. Followed you on gfc girl. :)
    I'm inviting you to join my giveaway here.

    ReplyDelete