Monday, August 12, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation + Essence Fix & Matte Translucent Loose Powder Review

I have been meaning to post this for a very long time now but I just didn't have the time to pull it together because I was busy harvesting in "hay day". LOL! I decided to do both reviews in one go.

Shade: Natural Ochre
Price: Php 487.50

I was really excited when I saw that this particular item was on sale for 50%! I went nuts and purchased it right away. I was really happy that I did! For years I have been meaning to buy Revlon Colorstay foundation and my time has come! Oh yeah! I would wear it every single day!  Click here to know more about my Revlon purchase.






Essence is fairly new here in Bulacan. It's just recently that they added the Essence counter in SM Department Store. I was actually searching online how I can make my face stay matte. Ladies, I have a very oily skin! As in very, very oily! I don't really wear make-up on a regular basis because I would just end up rubbing it off because it would look really oily, like you can fry on egg on my face. Considering the intense heat here in the Philippines, na-ah the cosmetics I have won't make it. Then I saw post of fellow beauty bloggers raving about this product. I immediately grabbed for this without second thoughts. Haha! I purchased this for:

Price: Php 259.00

I have a video for this but I am still editing. Here's me without make-up. Excuse my face, I don't have the smoothest skin in the planet.


 It may appear one shade lighter on my skin but I am what they call "acidic". I don't know if that makes sense but the color would change once it sets on my skin so I opt for this shade.


COVERAGE: Medium coverage
FINISH: Semi-matte

Also, the shade "natural ochre" has yellow undertone I think. :)

4:25 PM

It gave my face a smooth finish but it left a white cast too. That's the only down side of it. If I apply a lot it would really appear white. 

I only applied powder on the left side. 

5:55 PM

As you can see, I was not kidding when I mentioned I have a very oily skin. This is just about an hour after I have applied both products. The side without powder definitely showed shine on my face but not too much. Believe me, that is not the normal oil that would come out if I used a different foundation.

7:16 PM
I took this picture after cleaning my room and turning it upside down. Nagvacuum ako, nagbuhat, pinagpawisan at napagod. (May bimpo pa nga ako sa likod eh.) The foundation stayed on my face but you can probably see significant amount of oil on my face. Pero I am still impressed with both products because this is not the normal amount of oil that i would probably have. Yung tipog makakapagluto ka na ng itlog sa sobrang oily. I also scratched a pimple below my nose kaya you can see redness on it.

I blotted my face with an oil film at about 7:45PM.

This picture was taken past 9 in the evening. Sorry ampanget ng kuha ko. Not so sure anout the 24hour claim though but overall I'd say that both products are awesome for very oily skin. (if you don't mind the white cast) Ever since I purchased these items, I became confident of wearing make-up all the time. It's great but not that great. If you know what I mean. Uhhhh, I wish I would not have to oil like so but this is the best foundation I have tried so far. 

Will I recommend it for oily skin? Sure, I recommend both products. My verdict: 7/10.

What do you think? Have you tried these products? Let me know if you have. I would love to hear your experience. 

FYI, 50% off ang Revlon lip stain kissable balm. I am going to purchase one once i have the money. Promo ends this month. 

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've heard about the 50% sale on Revlon on another blog. I'm just wondering if it's in all malls or just selected stores?

    I also have oily skin, so I'm gonna have these products on my wishlist. Thanks for the review.

    And one last thing, I love your lip color. What brand and color is it? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, thank you for reading my blog ha. Nagpunta ko last time sa Megamall, sa watsons area at sale din sila. Kaya I was really thrilled. :)

      The lipstick I'm wearing is Zalan lipstick in rage. I will in my favorites video kaso nag-eedit pa ko. I love that lipstick too. I got it from ebay. I think it's less than a hundred pesos.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gracey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can view the post here: http://keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I'll get right at it kapag hindi na busy. :)

      Delete
  3. Naku! Dalawa tayo nag nominate Dawn. :) ok lng ba yun?

    Anyway, Hi Gracey. I have nominated you also for the Liebster Award. Here's my link http://dosmariassays.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award-oh-yes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! That's very sweet of you. I'll get right at it kapag hindi na busy.

      Delete